The unit has a measurement range of range: 0-0.050 in. (0-1.27 mm) and designed for very thin materials such as thin plastic films, paper, non-woven textiles, board and battery separators. The motor-driven instrument utilizes the dead weight micrometer principle for high accuracy and repeatability. Each unit is designed and manufactured for use where the utmost precision is required.
The construction of the model 49-86 consists of a heavy, solid frame which supports the unit and houses the reflective linear encoder and associated circuitry. A digital readout is provided to automatically display the specimen thickness. The lower anvil and movable pressure foot are made from lapped, stainless steel.
The unit has the capability of measuring and storing multiple readings, providing a cross machine profile. Up to 100 paper thickness readings are stored and analyzed including high, low, average and standard deviation for each series of tests. Data can be permanently saved with optional GraphMaster PC-based software or printed.
- Digital readout and superior mechanical design
- For use throughout the laboratory and production floor
- Utilizes dead weight micrometer principle
- Units conversion for microns, mils, inches and millimeters
- Zeroing on next dwell after Zero button press
- Saves up to 100 readings during a continuous measurement
- On-board statistics include high, low, average and standard deviation
- Serial output for simple data collection
- GraphMaster™ compatible
- User configurable options: lowering speed, dwell time, time of day, zero threshold, live readings, starting units, LED pulse, set manager password
- Special anvil diameters and dead weight loads available
- Thickness Range: 0-0.050 in. (0-1.27 mm)
- Resolution: 0.5 micron (0.02 mil)
- Accuracy: 1.0 micron (0.039 mil)